\ "- \
Definition of Bacon biliteral cipher
: a cipher that hides a message in a cover text by representing the letters of the plaintext by different combinations of two letter forms (such as italic and roman) in each sequence of five letters of the cover text (as when “Springfield, Mass” hides the word CAB by the code xxxxx=A, xxxxx=B, xxxxx=C)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game