Bach·man's sparrow | \ ˈbäkmənz-\
variants: or less commonly Bachman sparrow \ -ən- \
Definition of Bachman's sparrow
: a sparrow (Aimophila aestivalis bachmani) of the central and southern U.S. that is reddish brown above and white below with the breast and sides washed with warm light brown
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?