Bab·ism | \ ˈbäˌbizəm \
Definition of Babism
: the doctrine and practice of a 19th century Iranian sect that affirmed the progressiveness of revelation, held that no revelation was final, and forbade concubinage and polygamy, mendicancy, the use of intoxicating liquors and drugs, and dealing in slaves
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game