plural B-pillars also B-posts
Definition of B-pillar
: either one of two support posts that connect a vehicle’s roof to its body at the rear of the front door In some extreme cases, usually associated with accidents and subsequent body work, the latch pin on the B-pillar will need to be moved up, down, in or out.— Mike Allen, Popular Mechanics, November 1998 It's quieter inside than in BMW's last convertible, mostly because the front seatbelts no longer flap in the wind. They are mounted on the seats instead of the B-pillars.— Natalie Neff, Autoweek, 8 May 2000
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?