Au·tol·y·tus | \ ȯˈtälətəs\
Definition of Autolytus
: a genus of marine annelids (family Syllidae) that reproduce asexually by producing numerous new segments at a point near the posterior end, each of which develops into a new individual but remains attached for a time, a long chain of worms being thus formed
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game