Au·tol·y·tus | \ ȯˈtälətəs\
Definition of Autolytus
: a genus of marine annelids (family Syllidae) that reproduce asexually by producing numerous new segments at a point near the posterior end, each of which develops into a new individual but remains attached for a time, a long chain of worms being thus formed
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game