variants: or Austrian cress
Definition of Austrian fieldcress
: a perennial cress (Rorippa austriaca) with auricled stem leaves and fruiting pedicels three to four times the length of the ellipsoid fruit pods
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game