Definition of Australian sassafras
1 : a tall tree (Doryphora sassafras) of the family Monimiaceae with aromatic bark and leaves
2 : a tree (Atherosperma moschata) of the family Monimiaceae with dark gray wood
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game