Australian plague locustnoun
Definition of Australian plague locust
: a very destructive large migratory grasshopper (Chortoicetes terminifera) of the southern parts of Australia also : a smaller form (Austroicetes cruciata) of similar habits
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game