Australian grass treenoun
Definition of Australian grass tree
2 : a plant (Kingia australis) of western Australia that is variously assigned to Juneaceae or Liliaceae and has an erect black woody trunk crowned with long slender silvery leaves
3 : a stout shrub (Richea dracophylla) with narrow leaves crowded at the ends of the branches and with dense terminal clusters of white or pink flowers
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game