Au·la·com·ni·um | \ ˌȯləˈkämnēəm\
Definition of Aulacomnium
: a small genus (the type of the family Aulacomniaceae) of tufted mosses closely related to the genus Mnium with each leaf cell having a conical central papilla and the capsules being striate and with double peristomes
Keep scrolling for more
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game