Atrop·i·dae | \ ə‧ˈträpəˌdē\
Definition of Atropidae
: a widely distributed family of wingless insects (order Corrodentia) that include most book lice and that feed on organic debris and often damage various stored products (as processed foods, book bindings, and herbarium specimens)
Keep scrolling for more
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game