Definition of Athens
Note: Among the numerous ancient structures in Athens is the Parthenon, a temple built on the city's Acropolis in the fifth century b.c. that is considered to be the supreme example of Doric architecture.
Note: The campus of the University of Georgia is in Athens.
Note: The campus of Ohio University is in Athens.
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game