As·ter·i·i·dae | \ ˌastəˈrīəˌdē\
Definition of Asteriidae
: a large and important family of starfishes including the common species of North America and Europe and having Asterias as its type and best-known genus
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game