As·pi·do·gas·trea | \ -ˈgastrēə\
Definition of Aspidogastrea
: a small subclass of Trematoda comprising flukes with large complex ventral sucking disks that are intermediate in some respects between monogenetic and digenetic trematodes and are internal or external parasites of aquatic animals, sometimes having alternation of hosts though completely lacking sexual reproduction
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?