As·phod·e·lus | \ aˈsfädᵊləs\
Definition of Asphodelus
: a genus of asphodels native to southern Asia and the Mediterranean region that have white, pink, or yellow flowers and clustered fleshy roots
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?