Definition of Asiatic class
: a group of breeds of domestic fowls supposed to have originated in eastern Asia and containing the Brahmas, Cochins, and Langshans, all consisting of large heavy birds that have feathered legs and red ear lobes and lay brown-shelled eggs — compare mediterranean class
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game