As·ca·phus | \ ˈaskəfəs\
Definition of Ascaphus
: a genus of western North American toads including only the bell toad which is distinguished by a taillike copulatory organ in the male cloaca and which is sometimes isolated in a separate family (Ascaphidae) but usually included in the Liopelmidae
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game