As·ca·phus | \ ˈaskəfəs\
Definition of Ascaphus
: a genus of western North American toads including only the bell toad which is distinguished by a taillike copulatory organ in the male cloaca and which is sometimes isolated in a separate family (Ascaphidae) but usually included in the Liopelmidae
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game