Asa·rah b'Te·bet | \ ä¦sȯˌrȯbəˈtā(ˌ)ves\
Definition of Asarah b'Tebet
: a Jewish fast day observed on the 10th day of Tebet to mark the beginning of the siege of Jerusalem by Nebuchadnezzar in 586 b.c.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game