Ar·yan·ism | \ -ˌnizəm \
Definition of Aryanism
1 : the doctrine popularized by Nazism that the so-called Aryan peoples possess superior capacities for government, social organization, and civilization
2 : the belief in the doctrine of Aryanism and acceptance of its social and ethical implications often accompanied by suppression of the so-called non-Aryan peoples (as the Jews) — compare nordicism
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game