Arminiusbiographical name (1)
Arminiusbiographical name (2)
Definition of Arminius (Entry 2 of 2)
Jacobus 1560–1609 Jacob Harmensen \ ˈhär-mən-sən\ or Hermansz \ ˈher-ˌmän(t)s\ Dutch theologian
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game