Definition of Aristotelian logic
: the logic of Aristotle:
a : the total organon of Aristotle including his theories of the predicables and categories, of definition and syllogistic
b : the traditional formal logic inaugurated by Aristotle — compare traditional logic
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?