Ar·gu·si·a·nus | \ ärˌgyüzēˈānəs, -üsē-\
Definition of Argusianus
: a genus of East Indian pheasants (family Phasianidae) including the typical argus pheasants
Keep scrolling for more
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game