Definition of Argentina
country of southern South America between the Andes Mountains and the Atlantic Ocean, south of the Pilcomayo River; a federal republic whose capital is Buenos Aires area 1,073,518 square miles (2,780,400 square kilometers), population 44,694,000
Note: Aconcagua, the highest peak in the western hemisphere, is located in Argentina.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?