Definition of Archioligochaeta
in some classifications
: a division of Oligochaeta comprising relatively small aquatic worms of few segments that reproduce vegetatively by fission as well as by sexual means (as members of the genera Aeolosoma, Nais, and Dero) — compare limicolae , microdrili
Keep scrolling for more
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game