Arch·an·thro·pi·nae | \ ¦ärk‧ˈanthrəˈpī(ˌ)nē \
Definition of Archanthropinae
: an anthropological subdivision of Hominidae regarded as comparable to a subfamily and including Pithecanthropus and related forms distinguished by extreme development of the occipital torus — compare neoanthropinae , paleoanthropinae
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game