Ar·a·bi·dopsis | \ ˌarəbə̇ˈdäpsə̇s\
Definition of Arabidopsis
: a small genus of annual or biennial herbs (family Brassicaceae) of north temperate regions with basal rosettes of petioled leaves, cauline leaves short-petioled or clasping, and flowers having white, purplish, or sometimes yellow petals — see mouse-ear cress
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
- Is 'Cement' 'Concrete'?
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game