Aq·ui·fo·li·a·ce·ae | \ ˌakwəˌfōlēˈāsēˌē\
Definition of Aquifoliaceae
: a family of widely distributed shrubs and trees (order Sapindales) having alternate simple often evergreen leaves, small dioecious flowers usually in axillary clusters, and berrylike drupes — see ilex
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game