Definition of Apollo
1 : the Greek and Roman god of sunlight, prophecy, music, and poetry
2 [ Apollo, an asteroid of this class ] : any of a class of asteroids having an orbit that extends from inside to beyond the earth's orbit
Keep scrolling for more
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game