Ap·o·gon·i·dae | \ ˌapəˈgänəˌdē\
Definition of Apogonidae
in many classifications
: a family (type genus Apogon) of bright-colored tropical marine percoid fishes many of which incubate the eggs in the mouth
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- Must 'Collide' Mean Two Moving Objects?
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?