Ap·i·dae | \ ˈapəˌdē\
Definition of Apidae
: a family of social bees having the glossa and basal joints of the labial palpi elongate and including the common honeybees and the stingless bees, in some classifications also the bumblebees and some solitary bees, and formerly all the bees
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/22/19
- Is 'Positively' Positively Legal?
- The True Story of 'Realize' and 'Realise'
- Out to Sea with 'Wave' and 'Waive'
Ask the Editors
- Name that Food Quiz Take the quiz
- Pass the Little Ribbons: A Pasta Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game