Ap·an·te·sis | \ ˌapən‧ˈtēsə̇s\
Definition of Apantesis
: a genus of tiger moths frequently having the forewings velvety black with branching light colored stripes and the hind wings red, pink, or yellow with black spots
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game