Apache devil dancenoun
Definition of Apache devil dance
: a dance of the Apache Indian gahe in which the performer crouches with arms in angular position and the knees turned outward and jumps in even rhythm with both feet at the same time or at intervals with one leg extended and a jumping movement on the other foot
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game