Definition of Antwerp
1 province in the Flanders region of northern Belgium area 1104 square miles (2870 square kilometers), population 1,764,773
2 city, port on the Schelde River, and capital of the Belgian province of Antwerp population 493,517
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game