Definition of Antioch
1 city in western California northeast of Oakland population 102,372
2 — see antakya
3 ancient city of Asia Minor in Pisidia; at certain periods was within the boundaries of Phrygia; its ruins are in what is now west central Turkey
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game