An·thra·co·the·ri·um | \ ˌan(t)thrə(ˌ)kōˈthirēəm, -kə-\
Definition of Anthracotherium
: a genus of Tertiary artiodactyl mammals of Asia and Europe related to the pigs but sometimes as large as the rhinoceros
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?