An·ten·nar·ia | \ ˌan‧ˌteˈna(a)rēə\
Definition of Antennaria
: a genus of woolly or hoary herbs (family Compositae) that are natives mostly of temperate regions and have small whitish discoid flower heads and a pappus formed of club-shaped bristles — see cat's-foot
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game