Definition of Antarctic toothfish
: a large brownish toothfish (Dissostichus mawsoni) occurring in the Southern Ocean and sometimes caught commercially for food Like its Patagonian relative, the Antarctic toothfish … is commonly known as Chilean sea bass. Popular for their mild, fatty flesh, the slow-maturing toothfish are inherently vulnerable to overfishing.— Erik Stokstad
— called also Chilean sea bass— compare patagonian toothfish
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game