An·no·na·ce·ae | \ ˌanəˈnāsēˌē \
Definition of Annonaceae
: a family of mostly tropical trees or shrubs (order Ranales) comprising the custard apples and related plants that have alternate leaves, flowers with three sepals and six petals, and fleshy fruits
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game