plural Ankole-Watusi or Ankole-Watusis
Definition of Ankole-Watusi
: any of an African breed of medium-sized cattle that have very large, long horns and often a small hump on the neck A trio of Ankole-Watusi cattle made the Denver Zoo their new home Tuesday. — Rocky Mountain News, 4 June 2008
Note: Ankole-Watusi cattle are typically considered the same as Ankole cattle or derived from them.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?