plural Ankole-Watusi or Ankole-Watusis
Definition of Ankole-Watusi
: any of an African breed of medium-sized cattle that have very large, long horns and often a small hump on the neck A trio of Ankole-Watusi cattle made the Denver Zoo their new home Tuesday. — Rocky Mountain News, 4 June 2008
Note: Ankole-Watusi cattle are typically considered the same as Ankole cattle or derived from them.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game