Ani·ba | \ əˈnībə, -ēbə\
Definition of Aniba
: a genus of tropical American trees of the family Lauraceae with aromatic foliage, inconspicuous flowers, and succulent fruit, the seeds of some having tonic properties
Keep scrolling for more
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game