variants: or Anhwei
Definition of Anhui
province of eastern China west of Jiangsu; capital Hefei area 54,015 square miles (140,439 square kilometers), population 56,180,813
Note: The Chang (Yangtze) River flows through Anhui.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game