Definition of Anglican Communion
: a body of churches including the Church of England and those churches that hold essentially the same faith, order, and worship with it and are therefore in communion with each other (as the Church of Ireland, the Church in Wales, the Scottish Episcopal Church, the Protestant Episcopal Church in the U.S., the Anglican churches in the British dominions and colonies, and other kindred organizations)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game