Definition of Anglican Communion
: a body of churches including the Church of England and those churches that hold essentially the same faith, order, and worship with it and are therefore in communion with each other (as the Church of Ireland, the Church in Wales, the Scottish Episcopal Church, the Protestant Episcopal Church in the U.S., the Anglican churches in the British dominions and colonies, and other kindred organizations)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game