Definition of Andover
1 town in northeastern Massachusetts population 33,201
Note: Phillips Academy, the oldest incorporated boarding school in the U.S., is located in Andover, Massachusetts.
2 city in eastern Minnesota north of Minneapolis population 30,598
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game