Am·phi·neu·ra | \ -ˈn(y)u̇rə\
Definition of Amphineura
: a class of bilaterally symmetrical marine mollusks sometimes considered an order of Gastropoda, comprising the chitons and their related forms, having two lateral and two ventral nerve cords, and being commonly divided into the Polyplacophora and the Aplacophora
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game