Am·phi·neu·ra | \ -ˈn(y)u̇rə\
Definition of Amphineura
: a class of bilaterally symmetrical marine mollusks sometimes considered an order of Gastropoda, comprising the chitons and their related forms, having two lateral and two ventral nerve cords, and being commonly divided into the Polyplacophora and the Aplacophora
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?