Am·oe·bi·na | \ ˌamēˈbīnə, -məˈ-, -ēnə\
Definition of Amoebina
: an order of naked rhizopods that are commonly clearly differentiated into endoplasm and ectoplasm, form lobopodia, and include the common amoebas of soil and water and some parasitic forms — see endamoebidae
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game