Am·herst·ia | \ amˈhərstēə, aˈmər-\
Definition of Amherstia
: a genus of leguminous trees of India and Burma containing a single species (A. nobilis) of trees with immense pinnate leaves and pendent clusters of yellow-spotted vermilion flowers
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game