Definition of Americano
1 : coffee consisting of espresso diluted with hot water : café americano Kudos went to an Americano with the ideal ratio of water to espresso.— Andrea K. Scott
2 or less commonly Americano cocktail : a cocktail made from sweet vermouth, bitters, and soda water
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?