Definition of American way
the American way or less commonly the American Way
: a method or manner of behaving or living that is regarded as distinctively characteristic of the U.S. and representative of its values … yesterday's politicians metamorphose under the spell of nostalgia and simple ignorance into heroic avatars of Truth, Justice, and the American Way.— Gene Lyons
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game