Definition of American way
the American way or less commonly the American Way
: a method or manner of behaving or living that is regarded as distinctively characteristic of the U.S. and representative of its values … yesterday's politicians metamorphose under the spell of nostalgia and simple ignorance into heroic avatars of Truth, Justice, and the American Way.— Gene Lyons
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game