Definition of American redstart
: a fly-catching warbler (Setophaga ruticilla) chiefly of eastern North America, the male being largely black with white belly and bright orange on sides, wings, and tail, the female being olivaceous with pale yellow markings
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game